Specially created for photography enthusiasts, these set departure journeys offer the opportunity to join an intimate group of safari lovers, and expert wildlife and photographic guides, in the Serengeti National Park or Masai Mara National Reserve.
East Africa Photographic Expeditions
An East Africa Photographic Expedition offers the exclusive opportunity for guests to develop their personal wildlife photographic skills, on a small group set departure journey.
Choose between a Kenya or Tanzania photographic expedition, in two of the world’s most spectacularly famous wildlife sanctuaries – the Serengeti National Park or Masai Mara National Reserve. The East Africa Photographic Expeditions are led by specialist photographic guides and wildlife guides, and have been solely created for wildlife enthusiasts who are looking for an exclusive and flexible opportunity to hone their photographic skills.
– Tailored photographic expeditions for photographers of all levels
– Expeditions are led by specialist wildlife photographers from CNP Safaris and &Beyond guides who are able to share their wealth of expertise
– With only five seats per departure, guests are ensured that they benefit from one-on-one instruction; from achieving the best position for the ultimate wildlife shot to professional tips on capturing light and speed.
– Top-of-the-range photographic equipment will be supplied and assistance with editing of images. Guests images will be presented on a disc for them to take home. The lenses provided are Nikon 600mm F4.0, 500mm F4.0, 400mm F2.8 with 1.4 & 2.0x teleconvertors, Canon Professional 500mm F4.0 and Tamron 150 to 600mm
– Capture extraordinary prides of lion in the Serengeti from Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, or the incredible lion interactions in the Masai Mara from &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp, home of the BBC documentary; Big Cat Diaries
– Take advantage of a fully customised photographic safari vehicle that offers unobstructed views and swivel chairs
– Enjoy 5, 6 or 8 days of unparalleled wildlife photography opportunities, in incredibly rich photographic environments.
– The benefit of staying in one destination for an extended period allows guests to spend more time with resident wildlife to capture their fascinating interactions with other animals and their surrounds.
– An all-inclusive rate includes luxurious accommodation at either &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp and Arusha Coffee Lodge in Tanzania, or Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in Kenya.
– Guests have the option to continue on a standard safari to other destinations with in East Africa.
Specially created for photography enthusiasts, these set departure journeys offer the opportunity to join an intimate group of safari lovers, and expert wildlife and photographic guides, in the Serengeti National Park or Masai Mara National Reserve. Guides will share their wealth of knowledge; from setting up guests’ cameras and composing images to capturing wildlife at high speed. Guests will discover new ways of digitally immortalizing their wildlife experience.
The journey is enhanced by luxurious stays at Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp (Tanzania) and Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp (Kenya). The enjoyment of being able to sit in the evenings, discussing the day and sharing images with like-minded, passionate individuals enhances this once in a lifetime safari experience.
Tanzania – Serengeti National Park
The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Maasai language, is renowned for it’s awe-inspiring wildlife and breath-taking landscapes. As one of world’s most celebrated wilderness areas, the Serengeti has been an ongoing source of inspiration for writers, filmmakers and photographers. As with Kenya’s Masai Mara, the Serengeti boasts incredible year-round wildlife, especially large prides of lion. It is from here that the seasonal annual Great Migration migrates to the Mara – affording thrilling sightings of river crossings and predator/prey interactions. The Western Corridor of the park is a photographer’s dream destination, with its beautiful landscape. This section of the Serengeti is relatively secluded, which means that guests usually have sightings to themselves and are able to spend long periods of time with a lion pride, capturing changing dynamics within the pride.
The adventure starts and ends in Arusha, Tanzania. Spend one night at Arusha Coffee Lodge* in a plantation room with a lovely ensuite bathroom. The photographic expedition includes a 5/6/8 night stay at Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp.
Accommodation is in a spacious tent with ensuite bathroom and an open-air shower.
Arusha Coffee Lodge
The aptly named Arusha Coffee Lodge lies hidden amongst the sprawling grounds of Tanzania’s largest coffee plantation below the rugged peaks of Mt Meru. Guests can unwind in one of the lodge’s prized plantation suites, which each boast a romantic four-poster bed draped in Egyptian cotton linen, a split-level sitting area, ensuite bathroom, mosquito nets, ceiling fans, an open fireplace, personal bar and private veranda, which overlook rows and rows of berry-laden coffee bushes. Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp.
Inspired by Tanzania’s annual Great Migration, Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp is situated near one of the most famous fording points used by the wildebeest as they cross the Grumeti River. When the Migration is not the area, guests can enjoy an exclusive, uncrowded experience of some of the Serengeti’s most exceptional resident wildlife. Rustic yet sophisticated, the intimate camp is among the most luxurious in this part of the reserve, with tents that combine hues of natural grey and accents of natural stone and bone. The calls of the hippo resident in front of the camp provide a nightly serenade.
*Guests will have the option of either overnighting at Arusha Coffee Lodge on their day of arrival or on their day of departure, depending on International flight times in and out of Arusha.
Kenya – Masai Mara National Reserve
Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve is a photographer’s utopia, and is one of Africa’s greatest wildlife destinations. A land of breath-taking vistas, abundant wildlife and endless plains, the quintessential Masai Mara safari delivers many attractions, as the reserve is home to an excellent year-round concentration of game. It also plays host to the seasonal Great Migration, made up of more than two million wildebeest, zebra and other antelopes. Large herds of plains game and excellent sightings of prides of lion roam the vast terrain, and the diversity of landscape and light offer fantastic opportunities to capture scenes in creative ways. The theatre of the Masai Mara is ever changing and continuously creating new visual experiences.
This adventure starts at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where, upon landing you will be driven to Wilson Airport for a short flight to the Mara. Spend 5/6/8 nights at &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in a Superior Tent with ensuite bathroom.
Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
Celebrating the romance and nostalgia of the Masai Mara, Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp is imbued in the aura of classical safari. Simple yet contemporary, the elegant safari tents create a private and intimate haven that looks out onto the open grasslands or the shady forest. The guest areas open up onto magnificent Mara views, while the split-level dining area has been designed around an interactive kitchen and traditional vegetable garden.
- The CNP safari vehicle has been designed by photographers for wildlife destination photography. The unique design of the vehicle enhances each opportunity you have in a sighting.
- Comfortable 360 degree swivel chairs are placed in the middle of the vehicle allowing access to sightings an both sides of the vehicle
- Top-of-the-range photographic equipment is supplied on the vehicles, including: Nikon 600mm F4.0, 500mm F4.0 and 400mm F2.8 with 1.4 & 2.0x teleconvertors
- Vehicles are fitted with world-leading twin camera and lens supports
- Unique camera, computer and apparel storage on both sides of the vehicle making for an efficient space management plan
- Multiple electrical points and compressed air for cleaning equipment aboard
- Vehicles are fitted with well-stocked fridges for those necessary refreshment breaks
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.