The ideal safari for Adventure Seekers and Wildlife enthusiasts who have a small travel window. Chobe National Park, Savute and Okavango Delta
Botswana Explorer Safari
The Mini Explorer Safari is a short and sweet mobile camping experience that still highlights the very best of Botswana. This adventure is perfect for travelers who have shorter leave periods or guests who would like to sample mobile camping before moving on to lodge accommodation for the rest of their journey. This six-night mobile camping journey will take you to three of Botswana’s cherished regions, the Chobe, Savute and Okavango Delta. As an added delight you also have the option to include the Victoria Falls onto your itinerary.
WHAT MAKES THIS SAFARI SPECIAL
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute and end in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offer the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
DAY 1 & 2 – Chobe National Park
Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded camp site in Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights. Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Experience unforgettable game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River.
DAY 3 & 4 – Savute
The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights where, during the months of February to April only, your accommodation will change from the standard dome tent to a more spacious Meru-style tent. The area is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena. Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings.
DAY 5 & 6 – Okavango Delta
On the final leg of your journey you will hop aboard
a light aircraft that will take you the famous Nxabega concession, in the Okavango Delta, where you will fly to the beautiful Nxabega Trails Camp. Here you will experience an adventure-filled mix of water and land activities from game drives to mokoro and catch-and- release fishing.
Today, your guide will accompany you on a flight to Maun and will wave a fond farewell as you board your flight homeward from Maun International Airport.
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.