This African safari will take you to the most renowned destinations of Kenya and Tanzania including: the game-rich Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park and the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area.
Simply Mara, Serengeti, Crater
This exceptional 8 day African safari will take you to the most renowned destinations of Kenya and Tanzania. Your unforgettable journey starts with a 3 night stay in Kenya’s most iconic wildlife destination, the game-rich Masai Mara National Reserve. Here, you can explore the reserve’s fantastic landscapes on extended game drives, with the opportunity to witness the greatest show on earth, the Great Migration.
Next, you will be driven across the border to Tanzania where you will enjoy a memorable 2 night stay in the world-renowned Serengeti National Park. Meaning “endless plains”, in the Maasai language, the Serengeti offers the quintessential game viewing experience. After discovering the fantastic flora and fauna of the park you will head to the world’s largest intact caldera, the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Ngorongoro Crater is nearly three million years old and shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth. Here, you will relax for 2 nights before ending your journey in the attractive little town of Arusha. This safari is perfect for adventure-seekers, couples, photographers and wildlife enthusiasts.
What we love about this journey
- Shake off the safari dust and end your adventure with a 4 or more night stay on idyllic &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Glide high above the Serengeti/Masai Mara on a hot-air balloon safari
- Immerse yourself in day to day living of the Maasai by visiting a traditional boma
Highlights of this Itinerary
- Exceptional game viewing in the renowned Serengeti National Park and the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Excellent photographic opportunities in the world renowned Masai Mara National Park
- Cultural learning, hand in hand with the Maasai
- Endless plains and sweeping views
Mara Bushtops Camp
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will make your own way to the arrivals hall, where you will be welcomed by a member from our andBeyond team. A member from our andBeyond team will collect you from and drive you to Wilson Airport for your flight to the Masai Mara. The quintessential Masai Mara safari delivers many attractions and is home to an excellent year-round concentration of game as well as the two million animals that make up the Great Migration. Delight in your 3 night stay at Mara Bushtops in a Tent with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes all meals, game drives, private conservancy fees, return airstrip transfers from Siana airstrip, laundry, wi-fi, use of the Amani African Spa, non alcoholic drinks, beers, house wines and selected house spirits.
- Game Drive
- Night Game Drive
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Hot Air Balloon Safari
Mara Bushtops Camp
Perched on a hillside to provide unforgettable views of Kenya’s renowned Masai Mara and Siana Hills, is the spectacular Mara Bushtops. Here, you can unwind in one of the lodges contemporary, African-style suites that boast lovely ensuite bathrooms with indoor and al fresco showers.
Guests are spoilt for choice as the lodge restaurant provides a truly mouth-watering selection of menus that feature fresh herbs and vegetables from the kitchen garden. A first-class wine cellar is available for pre-dinner wine tasting sessions as well as for intimate dinners for the romantic at heart. The comfortable sitting area, with its central fireplace, provides the ultimate retreat in which to enjoy a sinfully delicious sundowner as you take in the action of a nearby waterhole. Adventures include twice-daily game drives (including spotlit night drives), hot-air balloon safaris and guided game walks.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT MARA BUSHTOPS CAMP
- After a fun-filled day of game viewing, head to the digital library where you can download your photographs to show-off your remarkable sightings on the large wide-screen TV.
- Treat yourself and your loved one to an intimate dinner in the romantic surrounds of the wine cellar
- Spoil yourself to a truly unforgettable hot air balloon safari over the Masai Mara – a definite must.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing day at the Spa Village with heated pool, Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, cold pool, gym and two open treatment tents.
- Enjoy game drives in an open converted game drive vehicle
You will be transferred to the airstrip for your flight from Masai Mara departing to Migori . Here you will be met and transferred by road to clear customs and immigration before connecting onto your onward scheduled flight to Tanzania. You will be transferred by road from the Migori Airstrip to Tarime Airstrip (transfer time is approximately 1 ½ hours) where you clear customs and immigrations en route at the Isebania Border. You will be transferred to the airstrip for your flight from Tarime to the Serengeti. The northern parts of the Serengeti promises beautiful scenery and good to great wildlife sightings for most part of the year. Relax during your 2 night stay at Serengeti Bushtops in a Tent with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes all meals, 2 game drives daily or full day game drive on shared basis with bush lunch or bush breakfast, return airstrip transfers, laundry, wi-fiI, all non-alcoholic drinks, beers, house wines and selected house spirits.
- Game Drive
- In and around Camp
Serengeti Bushtops Camp is situated in one of the world’s most spectacular landscapes, the renowned Serengeti National Park. Sumptuous tents include ensuite showers, private dining tables, luxurious hot tubs, large terraces and extraordinary panoramic views of the camp’s magnificent surrounds.
Outstanding butler service and personal massages add to guest delight. After exciting days spent exploring the wonders of the Serengeti National Park, guests can savour superb à la carte dinners, accompanied by an excellent selection of wines in the inviting restaurant. Those in need of relaxing spots to unwind can head to the quiet confines of the well-stocked library or laze around the comfortable sitting room. Adventures include exhilarating game drives and bush walks through this wildlife-rich reserve.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT SERENGETI BUSHTOPS
- Enjoy the sunset while soaking in the sunken hot tub on the terrace of your suite, Amarula in hand
- Indulge up the incredibly talented pastry chef.
- Enjoy game drives in an open converted game vehicle
Elewana The Manor at Ngorongoro
You will be transferred to the airstrip for your flight to Ngorongoro Crater. Marvel at the beautiful scenery as you fly high above parts of the Great Rift Valley before landing at Manyara airstrip on the escarpment. Enjoy your 2 night stay at The Manor at Ngorongoro in a Cottage Suite with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes all meals, soft drinks, beer, house wines, selected spirits, safari activities including game drives in Ngorongoro Crater or Lake Manyara National Park, bush hamper lunch, sundowners, local airstrip transfers and laundry.
- Game Drives in Ngorongoro Crater and Conservation Area
- Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Massage and Spa Treatments
Elewana The Manor at Ngorongoro
Reminiscent of a country farm with quaint Cape Dutch-style architecture, The Manor at Ngorongoro Crater lies within the Shangri-La estate, surrounded by lovely gardens amidst the natural splendour of Tanzania. Sumptuous cottages boast ensuite bathrooms, indoor and outdoor fireplaces and private decks.
Meals are sumptuous affairs to be savoured in the formal dining room, the dining conservatory or privately in the guest cottages. African-inspired fare is complemented with a selection of fine wine from the manor’s own cellar. Guests can relax and unwind in the sauna and steam room, try their hand in the snooker room or read one of the many books from the library whilst lounging in front of a cosy fireplace. Adventures include excursions to Lake Manyara and Olduvai Gorge, visits to a Masai Market, guided estate walks and bicycle trails along the Ngorongoro Crater
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THE MANOR AT NGORONGORO
- Ask your hosts to organize one of their fantastic crater picnics for you.
- Visit a local Maasai village and experience the bustle of the lively markets.
- Spend an afternoon sampling some of the finest Tanzanian coffee on a guided estate walk.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Manyara Airstrip for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Arusha Airport. Here you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team and transferred to Arusha Coffee Lodge where a Day room has been booked for you. Later that day, you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your outbound flight.
- Meet and Greet service at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- All scheduled light aircraft flights as below:
- Wilson Airport to Masai Mara
- Masai Mara to Migori
- Tarime to Kogatende
- Kogatende to Manyara
- Manyara to Arusha
- All scheduled road transfers:
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Wilson Airport
- Migori to Tarime
- Arusha Airport to Arusha Coffee Lodge
- Arusha Coffee Lodge to Kilimanjaro Airport
- Tanzania / Kenya National park fees
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Emergency medical evacuation
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Flights between Masai Mara and Migori is subject to minimum 4 guests during low seasons
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Serengeti Bushtops is closed from 5 April – 31 May 2018
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.