A wildlife adventure unlike any other, this itinerary offers the chance for close encounters with mountain gorillas and beautiful golden monkeys. Hike the densely forested slopes of Rwanda’s picturesque Virungas Volcanoes in search of the world’s largest population of wild mountain gorillas. Gaze out onto soaring mountain slopes enveloped in lush and tropical vegetation. Immersed in this dramatic natural setting, enjoy the opportunity to watch the intriguing interaction between gorilla families or set out in search of troops of the enchanting golden monkeys. This itinerary is ideal for anyone eager for a glimpse of these great primates while undisturbed in their beautiful natural setting.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
– Gorilla trekking in Parc Des Volcans National Park
– Local hospitality
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
– Augment your trekking adventure with a safari in the world-renowned Serengeti National Park
– Extend your safari across the border to Kenya or Tanzania in search of the Great Migration
– End the perfect safari with a visit to the sun-drenched East African coast
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
– Walking enthusiasts
– Repeat African travellers
– Extreme Adventures
– Active travellers/families
Day 1 – 2 : Kigali Serena Inn
Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, you will be met by a Brothers Safaris representative who will road transfer you to Kigali Serena Inn. Your stay includes accommodation and breakfast. Relaxed yet elegant, the Kigali Serena Inn is situated on a charming boulevard in the heart of Kigali. Here, guests can choose from the hotel’s exceptional selection of 148 contemporary rooms — each with a lovely ensuite bathroom, internet connectivity, flat-screen satellite television and personal bar. Delicious, globally-inspired meals are served at the hotel’s first-class eateries. Choose from mouth-watering à la carte menus, themed dinners, scrumptious poolside lunches and a wide array of colourful cocktails served overlooking the pool and tranquil gardens. Guests can take a dip in the sparkling swimming pool or unwind with a soothing massage at the hotel’s health club. A fully-equipped gym adds to the guest delight. Lounge on the open terrace and enjoy your favourite sundowner, after a successful day of sightseeing.
Day 2 – 5 : Parc des Volcans
After a scrumptious breakfast, you will be transferred to Parc des Volcans where you will spend three nights. Approximately 3 hours’ drive. Rise in the cool of dawn and look out on the misty peaks of the mountains. Tuck into a hearty breakfast. Peer up at the majestic mist-covered slope of the mountain and soak up the anticipation as the guide briefs you and the trekkers get ready. Follow in the light steps of your nimble porter as the rainforest folds in around you. Stop and take it all in; the sounds, the smells and the astonishing scenery. Feel the rush of excitement as those dim shapes and faint sounds become actual living, breathing, free gorillas. Savour every second of an exhilarating hour with the great apes. Walk, tired and exhilarated back to your heroes welcome. Sink into a comfortable seat in front of a crackling fireplace and recount every moment of the encounter with your companions. Update your bucket list and sleep like a baby.
(We included one permit, additional permit bookable at additional cost).
Set on a stunning hillside, the magnificent Virunga Safari Lodge boasts panoramic vistas of the Virunga Volcanoes and the beautiful lakes of Ruhondo and Bulera Rustic, but comfortable chalets include spacious bedrooms, luxurious beds, well-equipped bathrooms and private verandas with sweeping views of the breathtaking surrounds. Guests can tuck into hearty breakfasts, delicious lunches and superb three-course dinners. Those in need of relaxation can laze around the inviting sitting room or enjoy the cosy warmth of the indoor fireplace on chilly evenings. Adventures include tracking gorillas and golden monkeys; hikes to the top of the volcanoes; scenic walks through the picturesque villages surrounding the lodge, or day trips to the lively towns of Kigali or Kampala. Take a gentle stroll through one of the picturesque villages and enjoy being entertained by the local Indore dance troupe. In the evenings, you can relax around a crackling log fire with the other guests and swap stories about your day’s adventures.
Day 5 : transit
After a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred by road back to Kigali Airport for your outbound flight.
– Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
– Meet and Greet at Kigali International Airport
– 1 x Gorilla permit per guest
– Kigali Serena Inn – Breakfast
– Virunga Lodge
– Accommodation is based on a Banda
– All meals, bottled water, soft drinks, wines and beer
– Exclusive use of a vehicle
– All scheduled transfers
– Kigali international Airport/Kigali Serena/ Parc des Volcans /Kigali International Airport
– A complimentary massage
– Nature Walk
– One Gorilla Permit
– From the safari price paid by clients, Volcanoes contributes $100 per client to the Volcanoes Partnership Trust, a separate non-profit organization which undertakes community and conservation activities.
– Emergency medical evacuation insurance
– Administration fee
What’s not included:
– International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
– Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
– Drinks were not stipulated in the itinerary
– Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
– Laundry in Kigali
– Meet and Greet not included on the Bisate Itinerary
– Gratuities for guide/driver/hotel staff
– Air transfers as specified, including Departure Taxes
– Any scheduled commercial flights and related taxes;
– Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
– Any new Government Taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control;
– Golden Monkey trekking at an additional cost of USD100 per person at Virunga Lodge and Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
– For adding another Gorilla Trek we shall charge $1500 per person per Gorilla permit.
– Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
– Extra night supplement – please also note that the applicable daily charge for the vehicle will also apply
– Gorilla Trekking permits subject to availability at time of booking – payment of permit price will be required to secure permits
– There is a minimum age limit for gorilla trekking which is strictly 15 years.
– Single supplement only refers to the single room supplement. Single traveller supplement will be quoted on request
– Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
– The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
– &Beyond Trading Terms apply
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.