Indulge in a tranquil seaside adventure on the shores of Benguerra Island. Relax on golden Mozambique sands washed by balmy Indian Ocean waters or explore the vibrant and beautiful coral reefs that hide beneath the waves.
Romantic Mozambique Escape
Indulge in a tranquil seaside adventure on the shores of tropical&Beyond Benguerra Island. Relax on golden beach sands washed by balmy Indian Ocean waters or explore the vibrant and beautiful coral reefs that hide beneath the waves. Battle the mighty denizens of the deep with some of the world’s most exciting catch-and-release deep sea fishing. Gallop along the beach on horseback at sunset or toast the setting sun from a traditional sailing dhow. Explore the clear lakes in the island’s interior, get a glimpse into local life at the village or treat yourself to a private picnic among the towering sand dunes.
What we love about this journey
- Golden sandy beaches on the coastline and unspoiled coral reefs with excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities offshore
- Exploring the island’s soaring sand dunes and freshwater lakes
- Take long walks on the beach
- Enjoying a splash in the Indian Ocean – safe swimming is available directly from the beach even at low tide
Highlights of this Itinerary
- This is the ideal addition to a South African safari and direct flights from Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Vilanculos means that it can easily be combined with a stay at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp or &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
- Enjoy an amazing castaway picnic set in the beautiful sand dunes.
- Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugongs were last
- Treat yourself to a horse riding adventure on the beach.
- Experience Mozambique from above and book a scenic helicopter flight. Hop aboard a helicopter and fly along the coastline of Benguerra Island, marvelling at your bird’s-eye view of the crystal- clear water and pristine white beaches.
Specially created for
- Ocean enthusiasts
- Romance seekers
- The relaxation starved…
- Beach lovers
Day 1 – 7 : andBeyond Benguerra Island
Connect with your flight from Johannesburg to Vilanculos. An andBeyond representative will meet you at Vilanculos Airport and assist you, and fellow guests, onto your helicopter flight to Benguerra Island. As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes).
Put your feet up at andBeyond Benguerra Island for your 6 night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry, emergency medical evacuation insurance, transfers to andfrom the lodge airstrip.
A tropical paradise tucked into a lush indigenous forest and looking out onto a picturesque crescent of sandy beach, andBeyond Benguerra Island has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment to become the quintessential luxury island retreat. Boasting a fresh island feel, the lodge’s welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Set deep in cleverly created patchesof shade, comfortable loungers beckon guests to relax around the rim flow swimming pool while drinking in the ocean views. Closer to the water’s edge, the lodge’s colourful beach bar is the perfect setting to relax or enjoy open air meals rightonthe sand. Ten casinhas and two cabanas peep out directly onto ocean vistas, while a spacious Casa Familia ensures privacy and exclusivity.
Activities – One per day: Scuba diving (max 2 dives per day tide dependent – full PADI certification required), horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise and a scheduled snorkelling trip. One per stay: castaway picnic, island expedition and local village tour.
Request one of their amazing castaway picnics, set in the beautiful sand dunes. Sail away into the sunset on a romantic dhow cruise. Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugong were last spotted – who knows, you might get lucky!
Day 7 : transit
You, and fellow guests, will be flown by helicopter to Vilanculos Airport. Marvel at the beauty of the Bazaruto Archipelago with its scenic wonders. (Approximately 10 minutes).
- Return flight from O.R Tambo International Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Welcome and assistance at Vilanculos International Airport
- Helicopter flights between Vilanculos International Airport and &Beyond Benguerra Island
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals on a full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Park fees
- Activities included:
- Scuba diving – max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) – full PADI certification required,
- horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, scheduled snorkelling trip, castaway picnic,
- island expedition & local village tour (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.